Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Recount writing: A day at the pools by Haassan

Recount writing: A day at the pools


It was a boring and lazy Sunday evening,when my sister asked my Dad if we could go somewhere.”Where would you like to go?” My Dad asked my little sister.”The pools, please.” My sister said”Okay, go tell your brother to get ready.”My sister charged into my room like a bull on a rampage.
“Were going to the pool!”My sister shouted.
“No! I don’t want to go!”I said “Dad said” She replied.“Okay!”I packed my stuff and we got into the car and we were on our way!


On the way the only thing I saw was a lot of shops.Finally we arrived, unfortunately, we had a stroke of bad luck because we had to wait in a long line. I felt mad and bored. Every second felt like an hour,every minute felt like a day! after what seemed like a week, it was finally our turn to pay! Luckily, my sister was free.


I quickly got changed and got in the pool. “Its freezing! The pools freezing!”I shouted. I quickly got to the warm area of the pool.My body quickly got used to the cold water. “GAAAHHHHH” I screamed like a little girl.”Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!”my sister laughed her evil laugh.I soon realised what just happened, my sister pulled my leg, literally!At that exact moment i sought revenge on her.


“Do you want to race?” My little sister asked. “Sure, why not right? Because I’m going to win!” I said. The race was from one side of the pool to the other. “Go!!” We both shouted simultaneously. All that went through my mind was ‘I’ve got to win!’ My heart was pounding in my chest, I needed to go up for air. “i won!!” My sister shouted


I had learnt my lesson for being cocky. “Heads up” My sister shouted as she splashed me with a wave of water. “AAAHHHH!!!!” I screamed. I splashed her with a wave of water and vigorously swam to the Lazy river. “Good grief, I lost her.” I said quietly.


After hiding for a few minutes, I got out of the Lazy river and scanned the pool for my little sister. I breathed a sigh of relief. ‘No sign of her’ I thought for a split second when a wave of water splashed on me. “You're way too easy to get.’ My little sister complained.


I decided that I needed to be stealthy if I was going to get my little sister back ‘Aha!’ I thought. I spotted my little sister standing in the middle of the pool. I splashed her with a wave of water. “Oh yeah! My revenge! Finally!” I shouted. The lifeguard dude gave me a funny look.

“Kids, it's time to go!” My Dad said. My sister and I went to the changing rooms. I quickly got changed and my Dad and I waited for my sister. When she got out, we got into the car and headed home. When we got home, my Mum had prepared a beautiful dinner, Roasted chicken. After dinner, I went to my room and read a book till I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment